Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Choxie Dark Chocolate Raspberry Lemon Biscotti Truffle Bar

Let me preface this review by saying: Choxie is amazing.

My own chocolate making style is focused more on the purity of the chocolate mixed with a few strong aromas that arouse and challenge the taste buds.


BUT though Choxie's flavors often seem to overpower the chocolate, they are bold and tasty enough to make me a fan. 

I love this bar, because the taste of the dark chocolate is still intact, and it's a tasty dark chocolate, though it leaves a slight powdery residue on the tongue, and may be a bit vanilla-ey. A generic good-tasting dark chocolate, but good nonetheless.

I love how flavor after flavor unfolds- the tart rush of lemon, sweet raspberries, buttery biscotti. I want to sit down with a glass of herb tea and call it an English tea party. (As a matter of fact, this bar would be perfect, broken into squares and arranged creatively at a tea table, complete with roses and lace of course).

I would also love to take this bar on a sunny summer picnic. It evokes happy memories and sunshine. 

The inside truffle is actually made with white chocolate, though once again, it is mostly just a medium for the other flavors- no strong white chocolate taste here.

You know that stick of gum that Willy Wonka makes that is like a 4 course meal + dessert?

After eating one square of this bar, I feel like I have eaten a collection of snacks at least- like lemonade with raspberry biscotti. Filling and interesting.

The sweetness of raspberries assaults the senses first, then the tang of lemon relaxes to a bittersweet chocolate. Bread and butter is a mild undercurrent to the evolution of flavors. 

Once again, this is a dessert bar, so it tastes less like true chocolate, and more like a chocolate confection, but   the chocolate is a great carrier for the other flavors.

Now I will eat my last piece in peace :)

Love,

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment