Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Choxie: Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee Truffle Bar

Target has a very innovative line of chocolate called "Choxie" that I had tried in the past and loved, but hadn't blogged about. Until now!

You should try this brand! They have fun, delicious, and interesting dessert-based flavors.

The milk chocolate creme brulee truffle bar says it is "white chocolate truffle infused with vanilla, caramel, and a touch of toffee."

The bar is milk chocolate filled with white chocolate and toffee bits. It smells very sweet and strong of caramel and vanilla.

I am NOT a fan of white chocolate- it usually tastes like bland concentrated sugar to me. But the white chocolate in this bar was so infused with caramel-toffee-vanilla that it barely tasted like white chocolate. Definite sweetness, definite caramel, not very strong white chocolate. This is a dessert bar, so it's very sweet, not an austere brick of premium dark chocolate like I'm used to reviewing, but I loved the flavors. Lots of milk and caramel, a sort of custard-ey flavor- very soft, very sweet. Also a tad of salt from the almonds in the toffee. Warning: CAN BE ADDICTIVE. I generally just eat two squares for a review- but it's not even 7am and there are only two squares left...MUST PRACTICE SELF DISCIPLINE....



As a side note, this bar would taste delicious with coffee. I don't drink coffee, but this caramel toffee milky deliciousness pairs perfectly with coffee scents.

More reviews and ideas to come!

Love,

Sondra

P.S. My camera is driving me nuts...I'm seriously not that technologically challenged (I have a blog, don't I? lol) but I don't have the means to get pictures onto my computer... to put it simply. Hopefully I get it figured out soon, cause I want to display my chocolate skillz!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment