Saturday, March 3, 2012

I'm in Hawaii!! Now let's get to the chocolate...

So, because I have an awesome job, I am on a free trip to Hawaii, staying in a gorgeous hotel/ resort by the beach. Awesome!! Right???

Here's to you Hawaii:


Now let's get to the good stuff: chocolate.

Now Hawaii doesn't have the most happening culinary scene, but they do have a few mostly meat-ey and tropical flavor-ey specialties. Like Hawaiian barbecue and other things I can't eat as a vegetarian...

But their pineapple is AMAZING, and Hawaii's chocolate specialties are mainly limited to chocolate-covered pineapple and chocolate covered macadamia nuts. I haven't tried the boxed chocolate-covered pineapple because I assume it uses dried pineapple which just doesn't sound tasty to me. Pineapple is so sweet and perfect itself and I don't think chocolate melds too well with such a strong, sweet flavor, unless balanced with other flavors. But chocolate-covered macadamia nuts are delicious!

Sooo that pretty much wraps up the chocolate options here in Hawaii.

So I'm gonna go eat some on the beach!

Have a wonderful day and tasty travels!

Love,

Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment