Thursday, August 21, 2014

Good & Delish dark and twisted lemon and black pepper chocolate

Hey world!!!

Okay, first of all, let me explain my almost 2 year hiatus:

I was in Argentina, serving a mission for my church. As missionaries we didn't have access to technology so keeping a blog was impossible...and even more tragically, I almost had just as little access to good chocolate!

Well that year and a half was quite the life-changing experience and too much to outline here, so let's skip the travelogue and get straight to the homecoming chocolate!

Thanks be to God, I have a wonderful mother who knows (and shares) my love for dark chocolate. I was lucky enough to find quite the assortment when I got home and the subject of this review was one of those blessed selections :) :)

As soon as I tried it, it became one of my favorites, and it took me WEEKS to finish. (I have a strange habit of zealously guarding my best chocolate and savoring it slowly over the course of days and in extreme cases weeks, afraid of its imminent departure).

So this bar was savored every morning before my daily writing time. It always started out my day with a melt, crackle, and zing. 

Picture this:

freshly upturned soil. an earthy chocolate backdrop.

(mmm 57% dark chocolate)

the zing of crunchy lemon

the sting of cracked pepper (burns the throat)

mellows, leaving behind a smooth lemon landscape (like sun on the dirt)

just as you start settling in the flavor-

wait! the pepper strikes back!

a sharp kick to the throat.

a violent end to a sweet beginning.

complex, intriguing, EXCITING as an exotic boyfriend.

I <3 it.

Miss it already...:(

Buy it. Eat it.

Savor it.






"You've got one tiny moment in time to shine to shine to burn away the darkness."
-Matisyahu

No comments:

Post a Comment