Friday, January 16, 2015

Ginger! Almonds! Chocolate!

There is nothing like some good dark chocolate on a cold January morning-


Running out the door for another full day at the university, and then, BAM! I remember there is a little treasure in my bag:
This little lady:



Well, I have great parents and this year for Christmas my mom bought me a giant one of these:





and this:





Since I believe in really savoring my chocolate, these should last for a long time.


Back to that cold winter morning….


It’s cold, I'm tired, thinking about all the homework I still have left to do, and there it is, this smooth dark chocolate wonder, to put a little gleam of joy in my eyes and sweetness in my belly.


This particular gem is quite lovely for a few reasons.


1. It’s very dark.
2. The ginger. Though its not like whoop yo butt strong, it is the first flavor you’ll taste. I’ll have to admit my very first reaction was: it tastes like chinese food. If that doesn’t sound appealing, wait for the next wave of flavors

3. It quickly mellows out to a smooth dark flavor, and since it's a pretty good chocolate composition, it makes for a fine backdrop to the almond ginger taste.

4. The almond is honestly almost imperceptible but you do get a crunch every now and then which will at least convince you its there.

It's honestly not my favorite, but it does have a refreshing uniqueness and warmth about it.


When to eat this bar:

* when you are cold (ginger warms the body- just ask the natural healing art of ayurveda!)

*when you are going through a breakup (thats me! another “good” excuse for not blogging for awhile...I was too busy with having a boyfriend!)

*when you are feeling a lil asian.

*when you are awake. because chocolate is best enjoyed in a fully conscious state.


Well, on to my wonderful scholastic life of philosophy, the Middle East, women’s issues, and so many other interesting topics.

Happy eating, living, loving!!




(and yes, that is silly string and chocolate)

<3 Sondra

No comments:

Post a Comment