Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chocolate Moments



Whether spicy, sweet, lemony, or even bacony, chocolate is a wonder of the natural world.

Chocolate warms our souls and fills our senses with deep luxurious joy. It takes us all over the world and through the bodies and spirits of a million places.

I unwrap a lavender infused chocolate bar from its golden wrapper. It breaks and melts on my tongue. Now I am in a bed of lavender and everything is filmy with sleep. The flowers are sending their wafts of laughter into the air, and my mother is kissing me goodnight. I am a girl again, lingering between sleep and alertness, but fully awake in imagination. This is a chocolate moment.



Now I melt into a Dove dark chocolate bar and this deep richness is malleable enough to take me anywhere, but today it is Italy. I am standing in a honey grove with sunlight as old as blood- now on a veranda drippping with flowers and chippped sandstone that overlooks a marketplace of peddlers, or deep in the corner of a dusty restaraunt sharing a truffle with my best friend.



So live today with all the depth and life of dark chocolate, like a silky red dress or rain on a window pane. Instead of bingeing on a bar of chocolate, put a single luscious truffle to your lips and savor each sensation.

One moment at a time.

-Sondra

P.S. I wrote this when I was a kid, so the writing style isn't that great! But it still expresses my love for chocolate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment